Kamis, 26 Maret 2015

A 2 Z: T is for Texture

Hello babes! How you doin'? Thursday has come around again and brought with it another installment of the A 2 Z Blog Series!

This week the letter is T, and theme is "Texture". I arrived at my final idea for this week's manicure via two intersecting routes. I was thinking about the China Glaze Crinkle Chromes and how they are essentially chrome polishes with bits in them - coarse glitter and bar glitter from what I can fathom from swatches and peoples' reviews. I was also thinking about how chrome polishes, being so very fine in texture, always show up every little flaw on the nail (which is essentially how the Crinkle Chrome concept would work). So I combined those two thoughts and decided to do this: I applied two coats of a standard textured polish (doesn't matter which, any one would work), and while the second coat was still wet, I placed some little nail art embellishments (kindly donated by Debbie from Knitty Nails) onto my nails, and then applied one coat of my only true chrome polish, OPI "Push And Shove" over the top. I am so pleased with the result!! 








What do you think? I don't suppose this look will be one that everybody likes, but I am really pleased with it, and there is no denying that there is texture in abundance here!

ETA: Now mama Bean has filled the kitchen with home-made strawberry jam and all kinds of other baked delights, she has found time to create her textured manicure, and textured it sure is!! I'm unsure of the base polish she used, but she blobbed on Nails Inc "Brighton" feather effect polish to create these wacky pointy features! I love it :D





As always, the A 2 Z Hub Page is where you will find everybody else's contributions, and don't forget to check back next week for another installment!

Thanks for reading :) x


Related Posts

A 2 Z: T is for Texture
4/ 5
Oleh