Minggu, 21 Agustus 2016

Flickanail Inspired Water Flowers

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I can't believe once again that Monday has crept upon us. Two days is never enough, but luckily next weekend is a bank holiday so we get 3 whole days, and then 2 weeks later I'm going on holiday for a week I can't wait. I've done lots of gel designs this weekend, both on myself and on other people, but the nail art I'm showing you today is purely trusty old nail polish. 

For a long time I've been in awe of a number of Japanese nail artists. My twinsie nails with Very Emily were a homage to this, as we both have great respect for Japanese nail art, but I wanted to try my hand at something further. I was inspired by this design by Flickanail, but once again my need for everything to be neat meant that the design didn't turn out as I hoped, despite my best efforts to just go with the flow. When looking at the design alone I really love it, but in comparison it looks nothing alike. I think that I didn't add enough flowers because I was wary of going overboard.

However, I'm not going to give up, there are tonnes of Japanese designs that I want to try my hand at, and I have a feeling that for a lot of them I might be better off working in gel. I'm also tempted to sign up for Neiru tutorials. Have any of you tried these? Are they worth paying for? I really want to improve my skill and learn something new too, so let me know if they are worth doing.



For the nails I used a base of OPI - The I's Have It. Then I created a gradient with Barry M - Huckleberry, and Barry M - Cyan Blue on top of that. For the stalks I used Deborah Lippmann - Spring Buds, and the leaves are China Glaze - Gaga For Green. 

For the roses I used Barry M - Rose Hip and Barry M - Sprint Finish, which I did by painting Rose Hip, and then putting a tiny drop of Sprint Finish and adding acetone to make it spread, this was more successful on some nails than others but it's definitely a technique I want to try again. 

Then I used Avon - Platinum Topcoat to give it some shimmer, but that unfortunately got lost in the photos. Then I finished with Seche Vite to seal in the design. 


You can see the shimmer a bit more in the close up below, but it's definitely not as prominent as in the original design! 


What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

Related Posts

Flickanail Inspired Water Flowers
4/ 5
Oleh