Kamis, 04 Agustus 2016

Barry M Lilac Roses Tutorial

Hey everyone! I'm so excited because today I managed to get my hands on tickets to go see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! I was in the 'queue' for 5 hours and when I finally got to the end I panicked and ended up booking for ages away (next October) so that I could get hold of the tickets I wanted, but it will be worth the wait. I read the script in one day at the weekend and I loved it. I know there's been some negative opinion surrounding it but I really liked it. Have you read it yet? Let me know your thoughts on it! 

So today I have a tutorial of these rose nails for you. I actually created these ages and ages ago, but I completely forgot that I'd done them somehow! I loved this design when I did them and I'm glad I'm finally sharing them with you. The full tutorial will be after the jump. 



I used Barry M - Almond as the base, then I used Barry M - Cotton and a thin brush for the swirls. Then I used Barry M - Miami for the light pink and Barry M -  Passion Fruit for the darker pink/red. The green is Barry M - Cardamom with Barry M - Key Lime. Finished with a coat of Seche Vite


Step 1: paint your nails with your base colour 
Step 2: using a thin brush and white polish draw swirls interspersed with dots across half of your nail. I normally draw "S" shapes and add extra swirls to this. You could also use the Barry M - Nail Art Pen for this. 
Step 3: using a dotting tool and pink add dots spaced apart on your nails
Step 4: using the tip of your brush, draw lines across the pink in a darker shade for the rose petals 
Step 5: using a dark green polish and your brush add a line for the leaves and then add dots to the side of this for the leaf shape
Step 6: fill in the leaves with a lighter shade. Once dry, add a topcoat to seal in your design 

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice 

Related Posts

Barry M Lilac Roses Tutorial
4/ 5
Oleh