Senin, 13 Juni 2016

Negative Blue Marble

Hey everyone! I hope you've had a good start to the week so far. Monday's aren't always the best days but mine wasn't too bad. Today I've got a quick post with these blue marble nails. Is there a term for the new trend of half negative space nails? I feel like there should be if there isn't because "halved nails" sounds a bit rubbish so I just tend to stick with calling them negative space. Despite the lack of a name, I love this trend and there are so many different options (basically you could just cut any design in half) that I doubt I'll get bored anytime soon. Although I do try not to do it as much as I'd like because otherwise it might get a bit boring to read about! For this design I was struggling to think of a design as I was in 'swatching mode', and I saw a "halved" design on Instagram and knew that's what I wanted to do, so I just went where the design took me. I decided the combination of this and stamping marbling would work quite well, and I was really happy with the results. 



The base for these nails was OPI - The I's Have It*, from the Alice Through The Looking Glass collection. Then I used OPI - Fearlessly Alice* (also from the same collection), Barry M - Huckleberry,  Barry M - Cobalt Blue (from their original nail paint collection years ago), and Barry M - Sugar Apple for the marble. The studs were given to me years ago by Very Emily so I don't know where they're from, but I would assume Born Pretty Store


What do you think? Let me know in the comments! 
Alice 

Related Posts

Negative Blue Marble
4/ 5
Oleh