Rabu, 07 Oktober 2015

Fun with Magnetic Polishes

Hey friends, remember me?! Sorry for no bloggy blogs lately. I just couldn't be bothered, until now, because i have what i think is quite a cool manicure to share with you! I used a whole host of different coloured magnetic polishes to create a blobby rainbow effect which i then magnetised through my top coat. Intrigued? Keep reading!




Rightyho then, I started by applying a base of a plain, fairly neutral magnetic polish: Nails Inc "Soho":


Then i blobbed a load of different coloured magnetic polishes onto a piece of make up sponge:


Which I then dabbed on to my nails:


And then, working on one nail at a time, i applied one layer of top coat and immediately used a patterned magnet (a star patterned one from a Barry M magnetic polish) to magnetise it, and repeated on all ten nails. As long as you do each nail individually - top coat then magnetise, on to the next nail top coat then magnetise, on to the next nail,  and so on - and don't dawdle, the magnet will work on the magnetic polish through the still-wet top coat! Here is the finished look:





As you can see, i had a bit of a placement/holding the magnet still FAIL on several nails but you can see where i was going with this and i still really like the outcome - it reminds me of tie-dye!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x 


Related Posts

Fun with Magnetic Polishes
4/ 5
Oleh