Kamis, 04 Desember 2014

A 2 Z: F is for Fashion

Hello friends, how are you? Today we have another chapter of our A 2 Z Series, this week's letter being F, and the theme of "Fashion". I was absolutely stumped by this, I am so unfashionable - I just wear what suits me and is comfortable and don't follow fashion trends. But then it struck me, last year there was one trend which didn't even pass me by: tribal print. It was everywhere! And luckily for me, I have one or two stamping plates with tribal images on them. As for the colours I chose, I looked to Google for inspiration. There were lots of oranges, blacks, and blues, but one dress stood out to me: it was simply black and white. And so this week's manicure was born!

I started with one coat of OPI "Alpine Snow", my favourite white polish EVER:




And then, using my trusty cheap black polish and Born Pretty plate BP-07, I stamped a tribal design:






I must admit this is not my neatest work, but pretty much everything conspired against me today: I could not concentrate, my hands were shaking, my stamping polish was drying before I had chance to stamp, and clean up went very badly. Nevertheless, from a distance this manicure is very striking and I am pleased with it :)

Now for mama Bean! She was equally stumped by this week's theme, so we sat down and had a look through all our stamping plates and in the end she chose to do a simple lilac manicure with a cute fashionable bow design stamped on one nail. I am afraid I forgot to ask her what polishes she used, although I am pretty sure the lilac is a scented Revlon polish:




Don't forget to check the A 2 Z Blog Series Hub Page, and come back next week for another installment!

Thanks for reading :) x



Related Posts

A 2 Z: F is for Fashion
4/ 5
Oleh