Senin, 08 September 2014

Dark Metal Lacquer Swatches & Review

Hi friends, and happy Monday! I have four shades from UK indie brand Dark Metal Lacquer to show you today! They are all holographic, and all stunning, so let's have a look, shall we?



Dark Metal Lacquer "Dreaming"





"Dreaming" is a rich, deep, warm purple with linear holographic finish. Wonderfully pigmented formula without being gloopy or sticky, it was fluid and easy to apply. Swatches show two coats with top coat.

****************

Dark Metal Lacquer "She's Like Heroin"




"She's Like Heroin" is a vibrant, medium magenta pink with linear holographic finish. As with "Dreaming", the formula was very well pigmented yet fluid, and easy to apply. Swatches show two coats with top coat. **Slightly darker in reality than my pictures show, my camera had a hard time capturing this one accurately.**

****************

Dark Metal Lacquer "Bare Grace Misery"




"Bare Grace Misery" is a soft coral shade with linear holographic finish. This one was slightly less densely pigmented but still fully opaque with two coats, fluid and easy to apply. Swatches show two coats with top coat.

****************

Dark Metal Lacquer "Tentative"




"Tentative" is a silver chrome with holographic finish. This was the most intensely pigmented of all, yet as you may guess by now, it was still an absolute breeze to work with - fluid, easy to apply, dried quickly. This one actually reminds me of Nfu.Oh "61" but has a far nicer formula! Swatches show two coats with top coat.

****************

And here is a little something extra - as I was getting on with swatching these, I had a message from Kamila, who owns Dark Metal Lacquer - suggesting I might like to try stamping with "Tentative", so I did just that! Here are the results (the base is Dark Metal Lacquer "Dreaming" and I used MoYou London Explorer plate 22):


As you can see, even over a dark base, "Tentative" stamps absolutely perfectly, which delights me - I have become fed-up trying to stamp with any of my other silver holographic polishes as they are all either too wishy washy or dry too quickly to work with.

****************

My overall opinion on these polishes? Pretty much flawless. The formulas especially are an absolute joy, requiring no or Aquabase (or similar) - they are all compatible with regular base coat, and are top coat-friendly too.  I can't recommend them highly enough!

If you live in the UK, you can purchase all of these shades and more from the Dark Metal Lacquer Etsy Store, and you can keep up to date with all the news on the Dark Metal Lacquer Facebook page.

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

**Products provided for honest, unbiased opinion**

Related Posts

Dark Metal Lacquer Swatches & Review
4/ 5
Oleh