Kamis, 22 Januari 2015

A 2 Z: K is for Kitchen Sink

Hello everybody! It's A 2 Z time, woop! This week's theme is a quirky one: K is for "Kitchen Sink". A kitchen sink manicure is basically one which has a little bit of everything thrown at it - be that different colours, textures, designs, techniques, whatever - it literally should have everything but the kitchen sink (Note: we also have an alternate theme of "Kitschy" for those who didn't want to do Kitchen Sink)! Now, I have to admit, I really couldn't be bothered this week and very nearly pulled out, but I gave myself a stern talking to, got a strong cup of tea, and went for it. And do you know what? I am so glad I did, because I am actually in love with my finished manicure!

I decided to use a different nail art technique on each nail, while sticking to one colour theme for a bit of consistency. I chose black and white, and I have used striping tape (which failed miserably - you'll see), stamping, dotting, a gradient, a Ruffian, and have both shiny and matte finishes! The polishes I used were OPI "Alpine Snow" and a black polish I got from ebay by a brand called S.H.C. Nail Polish (this is the black polish I always use if I'm doing black stamping), and the stamping image is from MoYou London Pro XL plate 20. Shiny top coat: Seche Vite; matte top coat: Freckles Polish "You Make Me So Matte".

Picture time!







What do you think? Is this an idea you might implement on your nails? I'm normally a "same thing on all nails" kind of girl, but I really, really love how this turned out, despite the striping tape fail! 

Don't forget to check the hub page to see everybody else's take on this theme, and come back next week for another installment!

Thanks for reading :) x


Related Posts

A 2 Z: K is for Kitchen Sink
4/ 5
Oleh