Kamis, 11 Desember 2014

A 2 Z: G is for Gold

GOLD! Always believe in your soouuul! *Ahem* sorry. I had to do that. Anyway, yes, hi, hello, hey! It's Thursday = A 2 Z day! This week's letter is G, the theme being "Gold". I ummed and ahhed for a while about this one to be honest, which is unusual as I LOVE gold nails and should have been full of inspiration. Well I guess I was but I just couldn't make my mind up, so in the end I threw caution to the wind and went mental! :D


I shall start by telling you I applied base coat and one coat of Barry M "Gold Foil Effects" Nail Paint to all nails. Then, working on one nail at a time, I applied another, thicker coat of the Barry M and sprinkled cheap-as-chips gold craft glitter over my nail and dusted the excess off my fingers with a fan brush. Here is a picture of all my bits and bobs to give you an idea of what I used (and yeah I store my craft glitters in empty spice jars!):





And now on to me nails! Obviously I didn't apply top coat:








Intentionally blurred photo coming up (to show the sparkliness a bit better):




And a gratuitous macro glitter shot, just because:




What do you think? It is highly impractical - I am shedding glitter everywhere - but god damn I love it, so gold, so sparkly!! :D


Now it's mama Bean's turn! She went for something slightly less ridiculous, but still gold, and very lovely! She also used Barry M "Gold Foil Effects", and added one coat of Barry M "Treasure Chest" over the top:





As always, don't forget to check out everybody else's efforts this week (and all previous weeks) on the A 2 Z Blog Series Hub Page, and come back next week for another installment.

Thanks for reading! :) x



Related Posts

A 2 Z: G is for Gold
4/ 5
Oleh